Saturday, February 24, 2007


Welcome to my blog, mextizarhetoric.
Mextiza, a hybrid term mixing Mexico and mestiza, captures the essense of who I am, and what my research is all about. The second part, rhetoric, covers the discipline that I am studying. More than just a discipline though, rhetoric is all around us! It shapes our view of the world.
Currently, I am a Ph.D. graduate student at the University of Texas at El Paso. My blog will cover my research in recovering rhetorics of Mexican women, my weekly or daily trials as a grad. student, and other observations. Please feel free to comment on my postings, or to send me a hello!
The picture in this post is from my research trip to Durango, Durango, Mexico from December 16-23, 2006. I am pictured in one of the arched walkways of El Instituto de Cultura del Estado de Durango. My plans are to return there this March; the archives were closed for the holiday. I hope you enjoy sharing my archival finds with me.

1 comment:

Hector Carbajal said...

Me gusta la foto, post more.

x